Our client, a European MNC within the manufacturing industry is seeking a Regional Tax Manager to join their team here in Singapore! This role will be reporting into the Tax Director and be responsible for providing tax support to APAC countries within the region. This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to move into the next step of their career with a well known company.
- Managing tax issues in the APAC region and monitoring tax development issues
- Overseeing all tax matters, including Corporate Tax, Withholding Tax, Expatriate's Tax, GST
- Prepare documentation with tax advisors
- Liaise with the Tax Authorities in relation to tax matters
- Review agreements on all tax related clauses
- Respond to business partners with tax issues in a timely manner
- Collaborate with APAC and global HQ, auditors, external agents and other relevant stakeholders on tax related matters
- Ensure that tax liabilities are accurate and reported in compliance with relevant legislation and standards
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly/quarterly tax reporting and other tax related reporting
- Ensure tax returns are accurate and submitted to the tax authority in accordance with the statutory time lines
- Drive effective implementation of in-country procedures to ensure proper compliance with Singapore tax laws
- Keep up to date with legislative and regulatory changes and ensure that the Company is informed of relevant changes.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 6 to 7 years experience in corporate tax in a Big 4 firm or a large MNC
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- Must possess strong technical knowledge in Singapore Corporate Income Tax
- Knowledge/experience of common tax issues in the Asia Pacific region
- Knowledge/experience in the manufacturing industry would be an advantage
- Strong attention to detail with advanced skills in Excel and Powerpoint
- Team player with the ability and motivation to lead
- Excellent communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Wendy Young on +65 6701 1503 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R2092022 (Young Wendy).