Assistant Project Manager (Service Parts Management)
This position will be supporting an IT Project Manager for the establishment of a new Regional Logistics Centre. You'll be supporting and coordinating the implementation of a Service Parts Management (SPM) system between Business Units and project team members. We'll need somebody with experience within logistics or supply chain management.
This role would be a contract position, extendable until the end of 2023. Salary range is between $5000-5800, and would only be available to Singaporeans at this time.
Strategy and Management
- To be the primary point of contact of BU for all SPM matters
- To provide support for Operation and Process clarification such as (but not restricted to): Transportation, stock management, sales and export, claims and returns, etc.
- Drive future solution development in accordance with IT/SPM Strategy and to continually improve the service provided
- Liaising with local IT and SPM to monitor IT support, performance, project delivery and Service Improvement Plans
- Liaise with operational members for all IT/SPM requirement on operational process development and enhancement.
- Liaising with other improvements to new systems and application support across the business
- Work with project members to resolve issues and escalation.
Planning and Controlling
- Track project budget and costs, monitor compliance with budget targets, introduce and supervise cost cutting measures where necessary, and develop an awareness of costs among project team members.
- Target-oriented controlling of the project, as well as assignment tracking.
- Ensure that the project is delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Highlight deviations regarding aligned processes and escalate to the responsible party.
- Execute the work package fulfilment on customs related activities from the beginning to the end.
- Active involvement of tasks and responsibilities to appropriate tasks within the work package.
- Identify and resolve issues or conflicts within the project group or escalation to project group leader.
- Effectively communicate on project progress to project group leader and team members.
- Coordinate with all teams members to achieve the project group objectives
- Coordination of the interface between project leads/groups, GSP/ODW, DSEA, MBM, DPTS, FMS and
- Interact closely with project group members to ensure project on track.
- Coordinate closely with IT and DPTS on new system establishment and implementation.
- Coordinate with MBM and local authorities on establishment of customs processes
- Diploma in IT management, Warehouse Management, Logistics or Supply Chain Management or a related field and/or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in logistics or supply chain management.
- Experience with SAP system added advantage.
- For internal placement, candidate must have a LEAD rating of "Successful"
- Highly motivated and able to work in a team, good team work spirit
- Self-directed with good written and verbal communication skills,
- Intermediate presentation (preparation and delivery) skills,
- Intermediate facilitation and project management skills,
- Strong attention to details and technicalities,
- Good interpersonal and multi-tasking skills.
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Ronald Cheung on +65 6701 1521 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.CEI Reg. Number R2090722 (Cheung Ronald).