My client is a global name in the medical device industry and are on the lookout for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
- Adopt a holistic and creative system level approach to engineering design, technology development and risk reduction
- Work with a team supporting the engineering and design for both existing and new products
- Assume responsibility for the entire product Development for products - new and improvised features, cost reduction, manufacturing issues, supplier quality issues, and quality improvements
- Lead R&D for new products for manufacture with the focus to bring concepts to production
- Safeguard the development of products in accordance with all requirements by liaising with manufacturing, marketing, clinical and regulatory
- Ensure appropriate and necessary testing, verification and validation of designed products to ensure they meet the necessary requirements and specifications
- Develop test/ measurement capabilities according to need
- Liaise with internal customers and suppliers in relation to design and quality issues
- Advanced Degree in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering with at least 8 - 10 years' of experience in an R&D environment, ideally medical devices
- Demonstrate ability to work proactively, to identify issues and propose better solutions.
- Proficiency in any 3D CAD (Unigraphics, AutoCAD, Pro E, SolidWorks), PLM and Minitab will be a big plus
- Significant engineering experience in a product development role, preferably within the medical industry
- Knowledge of risk assessment, mitigation and management
- Experience with CAE (FEA/CFD) design analysis software and knowledge in plastic injection moulding
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Abhik Damani on +65 6701 1527 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1544061 (Abhik Damani).