My client is a world leader in the healthcare industry with a very innovative product range and now seek an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to lead and deliver designated projects to meet business goals.
- Assume responsibility to lead key work-stream activities in the establishment of new product development facility including supporting required quality system obtainment
- Lead and manage a cross-functional team to deliver specified projects, ensuring all actions are identified and delivered to enable sales targets to be achieved
- Manage design process and function as a consultant in the preparation of final drawings
- Work with Project Management to prepare and update Project Schedules and acts as a leader or co-leader for programs
- Provide the key engineering input on new product development projects such as engineering drawings, tolerances, design for manufacture
- Provide engineering input into compilation of DFMEA for successful risk management of medical device.
- Monitor budget, resources and progress against key milestones and work closely with Operations, Functional Managers, Senior Engineering personnel to ensure project delivery
- Work with the legal department, legal consultants, and Patent Officials, on patent searches, infringements, and applications
- Ensure that the technical content of a project plan reflects the customer needs specification, and represents a challenging but achievable delivery target
- Establish and manage key interfaces with third party suppliers to enable rapid implementation of New Products
- Create technical documentation, ensuring that the project file is suitable for relevant notified bodies, and to present the project at such audits
- Advanced Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 5-7 years' experience in a regulated industry, recent experience of product registration and launch.
- Experience in a Technical role encompassing recent experience in project management and a working knowledge of design control and quality management systems.
- Understanding of the regulatory (approval and compliance) needs relating to medical devices.
- Familiarity with 2D or 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools (e.g., AutoCAD, ProE. Solidworks)
- Hands-on experience with computer-aided engineering and computer-aided manufacturing
- Experience with product lifecycle management, finite element analysis and computational fluid dynamics
- Knowledge of engineering analysis tools (ANSYS, Pro Mechanica or similar) Mathematical computing and analysis tools knowledge (Matlab, Excel, LabView etc.)
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams.
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Abhik Damani on +65 6701 1527 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1544061 (Abhik Damani).