My client is one of the largest manufacturers of optical, laser and photonic products. It now seeks an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join them
- Provide day-to-day technical support for the production line including cleanroom, sub-
- assembly, optical build, and laser final test areas
- Develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods and processes for sustaining the manufacture of existing Laser products
- Maintain the quality, reliability, and cycle time standards of laser build process
- Improve current production methods using knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling, and production equipment capabilities
- Own the Manufacturing Execution System (MES), assembly and process methods, and bills of materials
- Effectively apply statistical process controls (SPC) to monitor, analyse and refine processes to reduce variability
- Define key parameters to be monitored based upon criticality to system performance
- Implement corrective actions for problems reported by customers
- Masters/PhD in Electronics Engineering/Physics/Optical Engineering with at least 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with optics/ laser photonics will be a big plus
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with SPC tools for process monitoring
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and electrical wiring diagrams.
- Expertise in Manufacturing, Assembly & Test Processes, PCBA and optical components
- Knowledge in Six Sigma DMAIC approach, Lean principles, DOE, SPC, FMEA, GR&R and other quality improvement tools.
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Abhik Damani on +65 6701 1527 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1544061 (Abhik Damani).