- Assist in the capture of design requirements; write functional specifications; evaluate prototypes; perform analysis and simulation; conduct and assist design reviews
- Conduct investigations into product quality or manufacturability problems when required, and implement any necessary changes, in a timely manner
- Maintain strong communication and execute project tasks in coordination with a UK-based electronics engineering group
- Provide leadership and technical guidance to other members of the Singapore electronics team
- Develop an appreciation of the expertise and knowledge within the Singapore R&D team, not limited to electronics, and leverage the knowledge to further business objectives
- Communicate and coordinate with other organizations affected by design development and changes, such as Singapore operations, logistics, quality, contract manufacturers and suppliers, etc
- Comply with all workplace safety regulations, company policies and procedures
- Ensure work meets company quality standards
- Support calibration activities where required
- Maintain the effectiveness of the Quality system at the sites via adherence to applicable policies and procedures
- Complete Quality System related actions in a timely manner according to procedures e.g. CAPA, NCR
- Adhere to Environmental, Health and Safety policies and procedures
Bachelor's in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent combination of qualification and experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the design of electronic products preferred.
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent initiative, communication, analysis and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently, interact and contribute in a team environment that spans multiple geographical and time zones
- Experience of working within a recognized quality system.
- Fluency in English is a must