My client is a world leader in the photonics and equipment space and now seek an experienced R&D Engineer to study the interaction mechanism between photons and materials and their applications under high power UV light exposure
- Provide guidance and leadership in surface analytical and data analysis and ensure extraction of clear results and conclusions from data sets.
- Strategize and initiate actionable plans by analysing data and discussions with SMEs
- Liaise closely with material research scientists, optics engineers and systems engineers to ensure the feasibilities of new material and processes
- Understand interaction mechanism between photos and materials and applications to photo contamination, photochemistry under high power UV exposure
- Implement controls via materials selection, cleaning processes and purge control.
- Establish the reliability model of optics under UV radiation conditions.
- Provide guidance to R&D engineers to meet reliability and performance specs of next generation sub-systems
- Guide the design teams on proper contamination control packaging/materials selection
- Conduct laser damage test and analysis as needed for bulk optics, nonlinear optics, coating improvements and supplier qualification
- Masters or Ph.D. in Physics, Optics or equivalent with at least 5 - 10 years' experience
- Strong fundamental knowledge in chemistry, material science and surface science
- Solid understanding of interaction mechanism between photos and materials
- Knowledge of GCMS and other surface analytical techniques (SEM, TOF-SIMS, ICP-MS, AFM) a plus
- Experience in setting up optical bench for conducting opto-electronic measurements
- Prior knowledge in optics damage testing and optical coatings will be a plus
- Ability to make project decisions based on based on optical fluence models to set purge gas requirements and select optics, opto-mechanics.
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Abhik Damani on +65 6701 1527 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1544061 (Abhik Damani).