My client is a world leader in the manufacturing of complex devices and equipment and now seek an experienced R&D Engineering Director to join them
- Strategic R&D Role
- World Player
- High performing team
- Assume responsibility to achieve product quality goals, market objectives and cost targets
- Direct a team of project managers and engineering managers on project execution to meet project schedule, project cost, and product targeted cost.
- Motivate the teams and provide day-to-day operational direction to the project teams to deliver results
- Collaborate cross functionally and globally, particularly in driving alignment, problem solving and decision making.
- Identify and develop opportunities for technology and product integration to deliver enhanced value.
- Partner downstream marketing on new product commercialization and ensure successful design transfer.
- Drive growth, Operations to drive cost savings to improve margins, and Quality to improve customer experience
- Manage new product introduction to manufacturing and supporting customer escalations.
- Manage communication with external customers and interacting with field offices
- Liaise with engineering, manufacturing and marketing to resolve product issues and define and drive the technology and development roadmap for all products
- Manage communication with external customers and interact with global field offices in relation to strategy and R&D development
- Work with functional management to ensure organizational alignment, resource needs and provide feedback on employee performance.
- Improve department efficiencies to deliver best-in-class development output and optimize fiscal funding
- Advanced Degree in Engineering with at least 15 years' experience in R&D and technical program/project management roles
- Experience in managing product development cycles from concept to commercialization in the medical device industry
- In-depth understanding of the medical device industry preferred
- Demonstrated success managing multi-national teams
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing new product development challenges arising during the development cycle
- Ability to effectively combine marketing and technical expertise to bring both customer requirements and technical insights to new development opportunities
- Prior experience in leveraging external suppliers in combination with internal resources to yield improved outcomes.
- Excellent project management skills - project scheduling, resource allocations, risk management and analysis, etc
- Travel of about 25%
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Abhik Damani on +65 6701 1527 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1544061 (Abhik Damani).