Principal Engineer/Manager, Packaging and Technical Services
My client is a global leader in the healthcare industry and is expanding its' packaging team in Singapore. To do so, a new role of a Principal Engineer has been created. This is a global role and the candidate will be working on projects from US, UK, and Asia. Candidates with stronger experience could be considered for a manager role as well.
- Act as key contributor to support design, development, verification, and validation of medical device packaging
- Lead a portfolio of packaging projects and ensure that best practices are employed by driving packaging and labelling strategy and alignment
- Ensure potential product quality problems are quickly identified and eliminated
- Apply DSFSS discipline and tools to identify critical material and processing variables using Design of Experiments.
- Coordinate the efficient and effective specification, procurement and purchase of new production and test materials.
- Lead global cross-functional packaging projects, development and improvement to meet customer, company, and compliance needs for new products.
- Liaise with respective sites, design centers and trade compliance to understand labelling requirement
- Identify areas of opportunities to lower packaging cost, transport worthy designs and use sustainable packaging materials
- Oversee testing, report writing, review and approve packaging process changes such as labels specifications and packaging related content
- Develop and execute test methods, validations, and protocols for packaging developments and projects
- Design product packaging for Medical products as per ISO and ASTM guidelines
- Ensure that testing and lab procedures are performed safely and all new materials and testing procedures are evaluated for potential safety risks
- Design new products that can deliver Six Sigma process capability levels.
- Improve existing product capability levels through thoughtful analysis and rigorous testing. Establish test methods using industry and company standards
- Provide training for appropriate personnel performing packaging & labelling activities
- Develop bar codes, symbology, and labelling processes
- Prepare CAPEX for packaging processes and equipment
- Degree in Packaging, Engineering, Sciences or equivalent with at least 10 years of experience
- Excellent track records in packaging development & labelling experience
- Knowledge of packaging materials, material technology, composition, physical & mechanical properties, storage, handling, climate conditions etc.
- Proficiency in 3D CAD or SolidWorks software
- Experience with quality system controls such as FDA regulations, risk assessment, user needs, design verification and validation)
- Prior Knowledge of ISTA testing
- Stronghold with stress calculations for compression, torsion, inertia, and impact effects analysis
- Familiarity with requirements for Dangerous Goods/HAZMAT packaging requirements (IATA, UN, etc.) will be a plus
- Ability to manage multiple global projects simultaneously
- Independent, self-motivated with strong communication and interpersonal skills
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Abhik Damani on +65 6701 1527 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1544061 (Abhik Damani).