OTT Solutions Engineer - 12 Months Contract - Singapore
This is an opportunity in widely reputed company for its contributions and advancements in audio and visual technologies. This company has a strong reputation for delivering high-quality audio experiences in various industries, including entertainment, broadcasting, gaming, and consumer electronics. This role requires up to 75% travelling.
- World-recognized Company in its industry
- Innovative and Collaborative company culture
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Glassdoor Rating of 4 and above
- Salary Package: $10,000 - $12,000
- Singaporeans Only
You will be overseeing technical and solutions support for all partners and prospects in the region. With a deep understanding of the company's technologies, you will play a vital role in establishing a strong sales pipeline that aligns with its overall business objectives in the emerging markets region.
- Manage technical support for encoding, distribution, and playback of company's technologies in OTT streaming / Broadcast services.
- Collaborate with various teams within the organization to resolve streaming and broadcast technical challenges for ecosystems enabled by company's technologies across Broadcast and OTT/streaming.
- Deliver training sessions on company's technologies in OTT streaming / Broadcast for existing and prospective partners.
- Deliver system-level integration, troubleshooting, analysis, and guidance to current and potential customers, along with clear documentation.
- Provide pre-sales technical support in direct account meetings and customer visits.
- Establish and own the relationships with technical contacts at existing and prospective customers and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction with company's engineering support.
- Manage the day-to-day communication in defined market areas on technical issues, communicating with company's Tier 2 support and Engineering teams at headquarters and in other regions and following-up outstanding technical issues both internally and with customers.
- Attend trade shows, seminars, conferences, and educational events to keep abreast of industry developments, promote and demonstrate company's technologies and examine the potential of new markets for company's technologies.
- Leverage customer meetings to gather intelligence about customers' end product plans, product requirements and sharing data with relevant internal teams.
- 5+ years of experience in OTT media workflows
- Experience in encoding/decoding & muxing / demuxing multimedia data containers such as MPEG2 TS, MP4
- Experience working with OTT live / VOD Delivery Formats and technologies as DASH, HLS, encryption/DRM, ISOBMFF and MPEG2-TS TCP/IP protocols
- Object-oriented language proficiency particularly in C++ and Python
- Proficiency in reading / debugging shell scripting
- Experience with Network packet analyser such as Wireshark and good understanding of Network protocols
- Understanding of Digital / Analog Audio, Broadcast Specifications, Audio Signal Processing and Acoustics preferred (Perceptual Coding, Lossless codecs, sound tuning, post-processing algorithms)
- Good knowledge of a Media Player Framework of iOS, Android, Microsoft OS or a TV/STB/Game Console Media architecture and Playback is preferred
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving abilities when working on complex problems.
- Ability to understand customer requirements, deliver technical presentations, technology demonstrations, and promoting the value proposition of company's audio and video technologies to customers
- High level of comfort escalating and presenting key business issues to senior management
- Ability to work pro-actively, independently and cross-functionally with minimal supervision to achieve goals established in a team environment.
- Ability to be the technical lead for sales-orientated technical presentations and demonstrations to customers' technical staff and senior management
- Ability to understand and explain technical issues to technical and non-technical personnel
- Strong communication skills required for working with customers and with team members in various regions including HQ in San Francisco, Korea and China
- Comprehensive written and verbal communication skills in English
- Interest in music, audio/video production, recording engineering, game/film audio or acoustics highly desirable
- Customer centric approach, including empathy and patience
- Ability to collaborate and work in teams, including active listening and accountability
- Position will require extensive travel, up to 75%
This is a 12 months contract position to start and convertible to permanent.
CEI Reg. Number R22105628 (Yeo Zhi Qi Jeanette)
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Jeanette Yeo on +65 6701 1526 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R22105628 (Yeo Zhi Qi Jeanette).