The Senior Metrology Engineer R&D is the resident authority on metrology matters in manufacturing in Europe and Asia. He/she is responsible for proposing, budgeting, developing and implementing metrology solutions to enhance company's competitiveness in the high-end optical components market.
He/she provides technical leadership to the cadre of process and QA engineers, promoting consultation and collaboration, identifying their training needs, and providing guidance and constructive feedback.
In addition, he/she scans the market continuously for convenient measurement techniques and equipment to fulfil the expectations of company's customers. He/she works closely with internal and external partners, prepares decision papers and leads implementation projects.
- Devise, cost, design, develop, configure and implement metrology processes which will optimize efficiencies, stabilize yield and enhance EO's capabilities, from idea to pilot phase
- Recommend, acquire and implement new metrology equipment
- Propose and lead R&D projects to enhance EO's metrology capabilities overall, identifying risks and utilizing tools such as DFMEA and PFMEA
- Provide direction to process and QA engineers on metrology matters, initiate and cultivate discussion, identify training needs and give guidance and frank, honest, and constructive feedback
- Define process monitoring plans and ensure consistent and efficient operation
- Provide timely support the relevant OPs and QA teams on the running of processes through pilot phase and into production phase and create and maintain solution documentation
- Liaise with teams in IPQC and QA to ensure continuous quality improvement
- Attend internal and external trainings and lectures and publish articles in relevant media
- Cooperate with external partners to improve EO's capabilities overall
- Other duties as may be assigned by management.
- Master or PhD in a relevant Engineering or Scientific field with 5 years of industry experience
- Knowledgeable in Optical Coatings, Optical Design, Optical Fabrication, Optical Physics, Opto-Mechanical principles and/or other technical areas within the Optical Industry
- Experience with Design of Experiments and ANOVA testing and Gauge R&R evaluations
- Effective communicator, both written and oral, and organizer with strong leadership skills
- Solid team player, strong interpersonal skills in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Analytical problem solving and attention to detail
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Catherine QU on +65 9645 9680 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R22104823 (QU QIUSHI).