My client is a Global Leader within the Industrial Equipment space and is looking to hire a Logistics Specialist to liaise with freight forwarders across the APAC to ensure shipments and costs are handled smoothly. The ideal candidate will have experience in dealing with freight forwarders across and familiar with Trade compliance across the region.
- Work closely with logistics team to ensure shipment needs are met and keep track of freight forwarders KPIs.
- Help resolve freight issues within the APAC region by making sure that freight forwarders are kept on track and escalate any issues.
- Manages the performance of the freight forwarders in the region.
- Manage the freight cost and spearhead improvement projects.
- Liaises with other team to make sure that the data such as volume, transit time, service failure is gathered for events.
- Be in charge of continuous improvement initiatives with new forwarders like air, ocean, and ground freight.
- Work closely with the Trade Compliance team on import and export procedures in accordance to Singapore's regulatory requirements.
- Provide support with the Trade Compliance program.
- Ensures compliance of workplace safety rules such as usage of a personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Degree or Diploma in Supply Chain/Logistics is a must.
- At least 5 years' experience with logistics industry
- Experience with Singapore Trade Compliance
- Knowledge of all modes of freight forwarding
- Project management experience is a plus
- Familiar with import/export activities and customs procedures.