Our client, an exciting well-funded, datacentric Fintech startup is looking to hire a new Head of Data here in Singapore.
They are looking for someone with quality experience in the Data industry, with a proven track record of using data to develop new approaches and methodologies.
The successful candidate will be required to work closely with company stakeholders, executives, leading the data science and data engineering teams to ensure that everyone is working from the same playbook and heading towards the common goal of data driven success.
The Head of Data will be responsible for shaping the company's data vision going forward and ensuring all members of the team are working towards achieving the data driven objectives.
While the focus of this is a leadership management role there will also be the requirement for significant amounts of hands on data work.
- Responsible for planning and implementing the strategy to drive the company forward. You will need to build new data tables and effectively implement integration, visualisation, dashboard, analytics, and data mining policies.
- Evaluate existing and explore new analytics and machine learning technologies to be used for the business needs.
- Liaise with company's stakeholders, partners, and senior executives to ensure that the visions of all parties align towards success. Partnership with other non-technical company departments will also be required
- Stay up to date with the latest news, trends and best practices throughout the data industry, and implement these into actionable changes to ensure maximum operational efficiency for the data department.
- High Level of Education, at least a Masters but preferably a PhD in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Economics, or another relative field with a quantitative focus.
- At least 8+ years' experience working in the data industry and have successful track record of leading a Data focused team.
- Good knowledge of Python or other programming language.
- At least 4+ years in a leadership capacity, be able to motivate a cross functional multi-cultural group in a unified direction.
- Needs to have excellent communication skills to be able to communicate effectively with different teams within data, different departments within the company, and company stakeholders.
- Must be a result driven individual, a strategic and creative thinker who is able to adapt to changes in the business with speed and efficiency.
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Will Russell on +65 6701 1502 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1109294 (Russell William Edward Hamilton).