Our client is a fast growing and industrly leading Singapore success story having been set up locally and then expanded rapidally across Asia Pacific.
With operations in hospitality, F&B, distribution and consultancy the company still thrives as a 'start up' and dynamic environment.
With a diverse and inclusive culture this role will suit an outgoing, engaging and fast paced accounting professional to work alongside the CFO in driving the business and finance team forward.
POSITION SUMMARY: FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
We are in search of an experienced Financial Controller or Finance Manager (remit SG, AU & NZ) who will be responsible for the efforts and results of the finance department. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in regards to all financial and accounting activities. The successful candidate will collaborate with the executive team, overseeing a team of direct reports in managing the day-to-day operations. If you have a strong background in finance controllership and a strong desire to become a part of a dynamic team, you may be the perfect person to fill this position.
- Lead timely monthend reporting process, ensuring accurate presentation of balance sheet, profit & loss and statement of cashflow to Executive team
- Business partner to General Managers in identifying risk and opportunities through detailed variance analysis to budget and long range plan
- Plan and coordinate the finance function including supervising and managing the finance team with 5 direct reports
- Lead all statutory requirements including annual audit, GST and corporate tax lodgements in multiple markets
- Go-to person for all group accounting queries
- Streamline vendor payment processes and optimise customer collections
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Apply best practice in process improvements and internal control policies
- Manage the Shared Services team through an integrated approach across all markets
- Assist the CFO in preparing management packs for Quarterly Board Reviews
- ERP systems implementation a plus (we are commencing an Oracle netsuite project next month)
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Degree or master's degree in accounting, business, economics, finance or related field
- Valid CPA, ACCA or equivalent status (BIG 4 or audit experience is essential)
- Technically strong in IFRS and GAAP and have worked with multinational companies
- Strong understanding of tax codes and laws
- Excellent communication is a must, with keen eye for attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, knowledge of Xero, Oracle Netsuite is an added advantage
- A desire to work in a fast-paced multi-cultural environment
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive compensation
- Generous annual leave and benefits package
- Nearly unlimited professional development opportunities and growth potential
**Please note that no visa sponsorship can be provided for this role**