We are looking for an electrical engineer who is hands on, highly motivated, and a team player. The candidate will join a world class team of engineers and scientists working on product development in microscopy for the semiconductor industry. The candidate will be engaged during the entire product lifecycle, from prototype to productization, and play a decisive role in the design and qualification of future KLA products. This engineer will support the design, development, prototyping, building, and, first article inspection, and qualification of a range of electrical subsystems and integrated components.
- Design of electrical parts, modules and subsystems to support the design of whole systems
- Knowledge of testing and trouble-shooting electrical subsystems
- Participate in tool building, manufacturing, field support, upgrades, installs, and other technical activities to qualify prototype components
- Lead the assigned projects regarding first article inspection, conduct reviews with stakeholders, and assess risks and actions
- Read, design, create, and change wiring schematics, pinouts, and interconnect diagrams
- Concept and detailed design using design tools such as Zuken and OrCAD
- Review and modify service procedures on the tool in response to new components and prototypes. Provide corrective feedback to technical writers and drive implementation of the changes in the documentation quickly.
- Expected 25% travel for prototype integration, validation, and testing
- Experience in the full design process, prototyping, design, testing, documentation and quality control also desired
- Collaboration with cross-functional teams to review design requirements, implement best design practices, and achieve functional product design solution
- Work with mechanical engineers to design and qualify bulkheads, backshells, cable routing, cable attachment, and strain relief
- Test and qualify power supplies, sensors, custom breakout boards, stepper motors, encoders, power meters, flow meters, and more
- Conducting analysis such as circuit, timing, thermal/cooling, and electrical loads
- Participate in entire design/build cycle, including design review presentations and feedback, procurement of prototype and POR parts, system integration, and prototype testing
- Works closely with and manages suppliers to ensure all design requirements are specified and met
- Masters/Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, physics, or systems engineering
- Experience using lab equipment, DVM, oscilloscope
- Familiarity with Linux, Unix, scripting, and command line interfaces
- PLC and industrial computer familiarity is a plus
- PCB fab and PCBA design and test, with troubleshooting experience is desired
- Zuken experience a plus
- Hands on soldering experience and PCB troubleshooting and repair a plus
- Candidates who require work pass need not apply.
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Catherine QU on +65 9645 9680 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R22104823 (QU QIUSHI).