My client is a leading MNC in the electronics manufacturing, equipment and semiconductor industry and are looking for a Buyer with extensive experience souring for PCBA and it's components within China and Asia.
- Global Commodity Management for electronic related material groups including but not exclusive to PCBA, power supply, cables, sensors
- Contract negotiation with Product Related & Non-Product Related suppliers
- Negotiating prices that focus on projects and are based on costs and lead-time
- Working to correct issues with the supplier or look for alternative suppliers as and when necessary
- Liaising with other departments to maintain quality across different departments within the company
- Maintain confidential data such as vendor data and contracts are stored properly.
- Create and implement strategic sourcing within China and Asia.
- Ensuring that the global supply is competitive and sustainable and fits seamlessly into the assembly process
- Source then select then qualify preferred suppliers to support the business
- Deep knowledge of the market and it's trends
- Supplier Qualification and Selection to ensure smooth operation
- Diploma or higher in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Electronic, Mechatronic or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge with regards to souring and procuring PCBA and its components
- At least 5 years of experience in a semiconductor, consumer electronics or electronic manufacturing industry
- Experience with contracting
- Knowledge of SAP/R3
- Advanced Excel is needed and candidates will tested on it during interviews (pivot tables, Vlookup, Hlookup)
- Fluent in verbal and written English and Mandarin Chinese as this role deals mainly with the sourcing within China and Asian markets