Business Analyst (Hospitality)
Looking for someone with expertise in Opera PMS functionalities. This is an urgent opening with an ultra quick interview process. This position would be a renewable contract, and located near Tanjong Pagar.
- Interpret Business Requirements - Work with project stakeholders to translate their requirements, by using your hospitality knowledge, into something that can be built by IT. A key skill needed in this part of the process is the analyst's ability to distill the differing messages and needs of project stakeholders into a single, consistent vision
- Lead Requirements Process - This includes eliciting, documenting, and validating requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions and workflow analysis. Property based experience will be critical to represent a property operations viewpoint and ensure all scenarios are identified and covered by the requirements.
- Translate Technical Issues - Break down technical and architectural complexities so that project stakeholders can easily understand any issues that arise.
- Test and Validate - Work with project stakeholders to validate their requirements and be a liaison between project stakeholders during the Testing phases of projects.
- Function as the liaison between the business units, technology teams (including Micros) and support teams to manage functional updates to the Opera PMS.
- Facilitate requirements meetings with business and technology teams.
- Assist in identifying improvements/make recommendations to our business and systems processes related to the Opera PMS.
- Distinguish user requests from their underlying true needs.
- Drive and challenge users, with your hospitality and Opera PMS knowledge, on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their projects.
- Ability to influence a diverse group of team members and subject matter experts.
- Gather/analyze/document requirements, leading to the development of a business solution.
- Lead requirement reviews with external vendors and Quality Assurance Teams.
- Provide Support for Oracle Opera application for hotel industry.
- Assist users with Application integrations and interfacing to other BackOffice applications such as (but not limited to) Call Accounting, eHousekeeping (Knowcross), Room Lock (Visionline), and Delphi
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent Hotel Management experience is required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of Hotel Operational experience, preferably using Opera Property Management System (PMS). Front Office / Guest Services or similar experience highly desired.
- In-depth, hands on understanding of reservation, rate management, and group block functionalities.
- Good understanding of Hotel inter-departmental interactions.
- Ability to work with team members and stakeholders at all levels, in a positive and team-affirming manner.
- Strong self-management skills, including the ability to manage time and workload against priorities and objectives.
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Ronald Cheung on +65 6701 1521 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.CEI Reg. Number R2090722 (Cheung Ronald).