Assistant Manager, Group Internal Audit
You will be a member of a professional team responsible for the financial, operational and risk management reviews of the Group's operations in the region (South East Asia). You will:
- Assist the Audit Managers to manage and monitor completion of assigned portfolio based on approved audit plan.
- Plan and lead financial and operational audits in accordance with the approved annual audit plan using a risk-based approach.
- Design and apply data analytics techniques in assigned projects.
- Supervise and coach audit team members during fieldwork assignments, including review of workpaper documentation and audit reports.
- Ensure audit assignments are completed in a timely manner and within the project budget allocated.
- Evaluate effectiveness and efficiency of the financial and operational processes and related internal controls, and ensure compliance with the Group's corporate governance framework.
- Identify weaknesses in control activities and make value-added recommendations for process improvements.
- Present and discuss audit findings and recommendations with local management at the end of fieldwork review and conduct discussions with Corporate management where necessary.
- Prepare audit report to present the audit issues, risks and recommendations and Executive Summary.
- Prepare appropriate and accurate workpaper documentation in accordance with documentation standards maintained by Group Internal Audit.
- Assist the Audit Managers in preparing the Annual Audit Plan.
- Perform ad hoc tasks and special projects/reviews as assigned from time to time.
- Suggest improvements in department matters relating to systems, processes or documentation.
- Recognized Degree in Business Analytics, Computer Science, Accountancy or equivalent professional accounting qualification recognised by the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA).
- At least 5 years' post qualifying audit experience with a Big 4 Accounting Firm or an Internal Audit department of a multinational enterprise. Operational experience in manufacturing industry would be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in use of auditing tools and techniques such as risk-based audit planning, analytical review, computer-assisted audit technique and data analytics.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong business communications, interpersonal and report writing skills.
- Willingness to travel overseas (50% to 70%).