Our client is a leader within the Power Generation space and is looking for a Supply Chain Manager to come on board and join them. This role will be based in Kuala Lumpur, and will only be open to Malaysian Citizens, PR's from that area.
As a Supply Chain Manager, this headcount will be in charge of the end to end supply chain activities from sourcing to deliverables to their clients.
This candidate will also providence guidance to the teams that they manage which will include Sourcing, Supply Quality Engineers, Technical Engineers, Buyers, Planners and the overall Logistics Personnel.
They will be in charge of developing new suppliers as well as making sure that current supplier relationships are kept alive, coming up with Strategic Global Souring plans, contract negotiation, planning to help make sure all processes are running smoothly. As such, this candidate will be expected to travel, though not during this time and only when deemed safe to do so.
- Familiar with the Oil/Gas industry, prior Offshore/FPSO knowledge is a plus
- This candidate must be able to read/interpret Business Level Chinese as contracts will be in Mandarin
- Must have at least 7 years of managerial experience preferably within the Oil/Gas industry
- Strong understanding of Engineering principles with a Degree in Engineering
- 6 Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt or Sponsor experience required
- Other Supply Chain Certifications are also a plus