My client is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of complex optical and laser systems and now seek an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer focusing on optical components.
The Supplier Quality Engineer will develop new suppliers and improve existing supplier performance throughout the APAC region in support of global commodity sourcing strategies.
- Enhance supplier partnerships through the utilization of quality engineering methodologies, systems, and practices.
- Collaborate with laser, component suppliers, and design team to resolve design issues.
- Identify and implement process control systems to support the development, qualification, and on-going manufacturing of products.
- Champion cross-functional engineering and sourcing initiatives to improve
- Serve as a quality liaison between suppliers and engineers, commodity managers and operational buyers to improve quality initiatives.
- Develop and engage suppliers in the areas of Six Sigma methods, value stream mapping, 5-S, Kanban and other business system tools for preventative action and continuous improvement.
- Identify and qualify world class suppliers in safety, quality, delivery, and
- Degree in Optics, Laser, Physics, Science or equivalent
- Strong Working knowledge of lasers and/or laser components
- 5 - 7 years of Supplier Quality Engineering related experience
- Candidates with a background in optical design, laser design will be considered.
- Experience in Lasers and Laser components such as optics, diodes, crystals, opto-mechanical components.
- Demonstrated use of Quality tools/methodologies such as: SPC, DOE, GR&R, FMEA, CAPA, 8D, complaint investigation, process validation (IQ, OQ,PQ)
- Travel of up to 30%
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Abhik Damani on +65 6701 1527 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1544061 (Abhik Damani).