My client is a global name in the fashion and apparel industry and now seek an experienced Category Manager focusing on fabric/textiles to join them. This role will focus on strategic sourcing activities, supply-base development and relationship management
- World Leader
- Innovative Textile/Fabric Based Products
- High Salary
- Develop and implement category management strategies including approaches to supplier search and selection, ongoing assessment and RFI/RFP/RFQ activities
- Partner closely with business leaders to understand needs and provide a variety of products and services to help them meet those needs - Customer and Technical Services, Global QA/RA, Supply Chain, manufacturing, logistics and distribution
- Lead interactions and negotiations with suppliers to realise identified potential quality, cost and service improvements, including implementation of contractual arrangements
- Communicate and drive alignment of category management strategies with stakeholders and promote internal stakeholder awareness of procurement processes and compliance with procurement best practices
- Identify opportunities for long term relationships/partnerships and alliances within the category vendors in the market
- Promote internal stakeholder awareness of procurement processes and promote compliance with procurement best practices
- Provide direction to the wider business to establish and maintain a technology, quality and cost leadership position
- Strive to improve supply chain through digitization and automation to increase value add to customers.
- Advanced Degree in Engineering/Textiles/Supply Planning/Operations or equivalent with 7-10 years' of experience in managing operations focused Inventory categories with a strong track record of cross functional stakeholder management
- Experience in assessing and sourcing and new textile material and moulding technologies
- Existing wide network into plastic moulding, fabric suppliers and textiles research agency/ institutes in the SE Asia region will be a big plus
- Familiar with manufacturing processes of moulding, fibre, yarn, fabric, foam, and secondary processes such as dyeing, printing, ultrasonics welding and sewing
- Experience in dealing with elastic (stretchable) and breathable textiles and products with high intimacy such as inner wear, sport wear etc.
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Abhik Damani on +65 6701 1527 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1544061 (Abhik Damani).