My client is a world player in the RF and semiconductor industry and is one of the pioneers for 5G in the market and now seek an experienced Product Engineer to join the team.
The candidate will be part of a focused team that develops and qualifies new products in the Mobile & Infrastructure Defence arena. The candidate will drive innovation and continuous improvement in a fast-paced, dynamic environment using rigorous statistical methods.
- Assume complete responsibility of Product Engineering deliverables for New Product Introduction (NPI) efforts and drive to completion to meet project deadlines
- Support NPI Test Engineering activities to debug, validate and release production test hardware/software
- Compile and analyse data using common statistical techniques (time-series analysis, CPK, SPC) and effectively present key results
- Analyse products to ensure manufacturability and data sheet compliance, including setting the optimal test screening limits and guard-bands in production test plans
- Provide thorough and detailed test data analysis on each key NPI design revision during product development
- Develop test plans for NPI prototype and production electrical testing of wafers and packaged devices
- Practice continuous improvement and yield optimization by tracking test parameters, uncovering correlations and troubleshooting process and equipment issues
- Support Design Engineering and Product Quality teams on product qualifications, failure analysis, customer returns and alternate vendor sourcing approvals
- Lead Final Test and Wafer yield improvement efforts across the manufacturing process of assigned products and provide yield plans to meet yield targets
- Drive gross margin improvement efforts during all stages of device development
- Collaborate with Supplier Quality Engineering on external foundry process control management
- Interface with Design, Marketing, Operations (wafer fabrication, assembly) Test Development, Package Engineering, Customer Quality Engineering, Supplier Quality Engineering, Product Quality Engineering
- Employ appropriate Statistical Process Control (SPC) principles to reduce variability
- Advanced Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent with at least 7 years' experience in product engineering from the semiconductor industry (preferably within RF Power Amplifier)
- Strong expertise in statistical methods and using databases and statistical software (Spotfire, JMP, Excel, etc.)
- Solid understanding of semiconductor physics and basic knowledge of RF/Microwave theory
- Knowledge of set-up and operation of typical semiconductor test equipment and test methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Familiarity with Lean processing methods
- Travel of about 20-30%
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Abhik Damani on +65 6701 1527 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1544061 (Abhik Damani).