My client is a global leader in the optics, laser and precision equipment industry and now seek an experienced Laser Engineer
- Assume responsibility to manufacture, test and troubleshoot all lasers, laser sub-assemblies and laser components
- Develop and improve manufacturing processes for the production of complex optical and laser systems within a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Install and align optical, mechanical and optical sub-assemblies into systems using precision instruments
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, equipment layout
- Assure product and process quality by developing appropriate testing methods; analyzing process capabilities; establishing standards; and validating manufacturing processes.
- Perform fiber based assembly and optical alignment and to specification
- Incorporate optical, mechanical and electrical sub-assemblies into systems unit with test
- Utilize beam expanders, lenses and mirrors to achieve desired system specifications
- Verify laser beam quality using energy meter, burn paper, electrical multi-meter and vision system analysis
- PhD or master's degree in Optics, Photonics, Lasers, Physics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Candidates with hands-on laser manufacturing/laser R&D/optics will be a big advantage.
- Candidates with masters/bachelor's in manufacturing engineering with experience in manufacturing of laser systems will be considered as well
- Hands on experience with electromechanical and electro-optical systems
- Experience with manufacturing of laser systems and detailed knowledge of solid state and amplified lasers will be a big plus
- Good knowledge of solid-state and fiber-based lasers.
- In-depth knowledge of precision optics including lenses, polarization optics, modulators and optical harmonic generation.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing best practices (e.g. ISO 9001, Kanban, LEAN, 8D, Design-for-Manufacturability, etc)
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Abhik Damani on +65 6701 1527 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1544061 (Abhik Damani).