My client is a global name in the design and manufacturing of complex electromechanical products and now seek an experienced EHS Engineer.
- Liaise with local, regional, and state governmental authorities and ensure all required legal documents submitted comply with relevant requirements.
- Lead and attend to any external audit or survey and conduct EHS audits at the local and regional sites in accordance with corporate policies.
- Maintain, update and organize EHS legal documentations, permits, and update into corporate EHS data automation management system.
- Conduct EHS Orientation & Training to employees and contractors.
- Assess and identify potential site EHS risks that may warrant action, evaluates the impact, and implements the mitigation plan.
- Conduct EHS committee meetings, inspections, and safety promotional and communication activities at site.
- Lead plant Emergency Response planning and other activities in compliance with SCDF and Corporate Loss Prevention Requirements
- Lead corrective action efforts with various functions for any EHS system non compliances.
- Oversee the development and implementation of Environment, Health and Safety programs in line with Corporate policies and other programs and ensures compliance.
- Coordinate tracking, collection, and reporting of EHS performance metrics/improvement across the regional businesses.
- Ensure effective working relationships with Corporate EHS staff and other regional EHS Leaders to leverage best practices.
- Acts as site representative and be the owner of custody for all Environmental Policies.
- Ensure timely completion of reports such as air emission permits and records, regulated waste shipment records, country-specific injury and illness data and ergonomic evaluation records.
- Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Safety/EHS Engineering with at least 7 years' experience in an EHS role within a Lab/R&D/Manufacturing environment
- Registered Workplace Safety & Health Officer with MOM
- Experience with process scale up support and machine guarding assessment.
- Experience with ISO 14001
- Fire Safety Manager (FSM) Certification will be a plus.
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with APAC counterparts.
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Abhik Damani on +65 6701 1527 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1544061 (Abhik Damani).