Kubernetes Engineer (Singapore/Hong Kong)
You'll be joining a team that is maintaining and reiterating one of the most impactful Kubernetes infrastructures worldwide. This team creates secure and performant clusters for a trading exchange that transacts billions of dollars daily.
Ideally looking for someone with experience with the following: wallets, trading systems, payment gateways. Must also have experience with test driven development.
- Create and manage engineered clusters and their lifecycle while guaranteeing a high level of reliability, security, and scalability at any given time.
- Implement and support Kubernetes components and applications on top of multiple clusters and troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Work with various teams such as Trading, Product Engineering, and Security in order to establish best practices around our self-service infrastructure
- Become a subject matter expert on Kubernetes within the organization. Adapt to various technologies, suggest possible improvements, and be willing to get involved with wider tech communities.
We're Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent required; Masters Degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- Proficiency in either Golang, Python, and Terraform
- Strong AWS knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of Docker and multi-stage builds, registries, and best image practices
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes microservices architectures and internal components
- Running and building non-root docker containers for secure environments
- Strong Linux or UNIX experience
- Understanding and experience with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Experience with GitOps development workflow and infrastructure as code (IAC) approach
- Deep understanding of distributed systems consistency models and design practices
- Understanding of Kubernetes pod liveness monitoring and metrics practices
- Experiencing with running applications in high availability mode (HA) on Kubernetes
- Understanding of Kubernetes network architecture how traffic moves within pods, between clusters, load balancers, and the internet
- Knowledge of Kubernetes DNS how it interacts with external DNS servers
- End to end troubleshooting experience
- Collaborator, analytical, communicator and will help others with related to Kubernetes
- Experience with Prometheus, Graphite is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes Admission Controllers a plus
- Experience with data templating languages like Jsonnet or related a plus
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Ronald Cheung on +65 6701 1521 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.CEI Reg. Number R2090722 (Cheung Ronald).