Our client is an industry leader in the metals (raw and refined) materials for the transportation sector. They are currently on the lookout for a Global Head of Logistics to manage 1 headcount, define, drive and implement their global freight distribution Strategy (80% break-bulk / 20% container) to achieve cost saving goals and ensure on-time delivery.
- Full-time, permanent role - reporting into VP
- Office located in CBD area - managing 1 headcount
- Only open to candidates currently based in Singapore
- Category Management: Source, evaluate and select 3PL partners based on speed, quality of service, cost and reliability
- Draft and negotiate contracts with suppliers and distributors
- Define, drive and develop the right freight management strategy ensuring cost savings and on-time delivery
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics/Shipping Operations or relevant field
- 10+ years years of experience in Logistics/Freight Management, specially break-bulk cargo (preferably within the metal commodities industry)
- 5+ years of Supplier and Contract Management experience
- Exposure supporting global distribution operations including North America and Asia Pacific regions
- Strong interpersonal communication skills in English and Mandarin are strongly preferred in order to communicate efficiently with overseas suppliers
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Nicola Clarke on +65 6701 1508 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R2197703 (Nicola Clarke).