My client is a world player in the biopharmaceutical industry with a strong presence in Singapore. Looking to strengthen its team, it now seeks a Head for Biological Development (Cell Culture/Upstream)
- Assume responsibility for the development and characterization manufacturing processes used to produce novel therapeutic recombinant proteins
- Lead a team of 20+ experienced PD Engineers/Scientists for cell line and process development alongside process characterization and technology transfer activities
- Provide sound scientific expertise to support troubleshooting activities at both laboratory and manufacturing scale.
- Manage delivery activities, cell lines, and process development projects
- Assume responsibility for the delivery of activities on multiple parallel commercial cell line and process development
- Collaborate with other departments locally and globally to ensure consistency in technical approach
- Represent the PD team during Customer visits and other associated activities supporting the Sales process.
- Coach and train direct PD team to achieve department's objectives and establish robust plans.
- PhD in a relevant Science/Biotech field with at least 10 years' experience in mammalian upstream process development
- Deep knowledge and understanding in cell line development, process development, technology transfer, or process characterization,
- Solid experience in managing people, projects and resources
- Experience working within a Quality Management System (such as cGMP).
- Proven track-record operating in a commercial environment and able to handle complexity and ambiguity in highly pressured environments.
- Experience working in a matrix organization and on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to work collaboratively with peers to achieve objectives.
- Broad market, technical and regulatory knowledge.
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Abhik Damani on +65 6701 1527 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1544061 (Abhik Damani).