My client is a global name in the design and manufacturing of complex instruments and is going through a period of expansion in South East Asia. To cater to this, a new Electrical Test Quality Engineer role has been created
The Electrical Test Engineer is responsible for technical quality aspects of laser and equipment manufacturing, quality performance and supply base performance.:
- Assume prime responsibility for diagnosis and troubleshooting of PCBA/Control Unit related issues
- Qualify new and existing PCBA/Control Unit suppliers
- Transfer functional test fixtures for in-house designed PCBA/Control unit to suppliers from global headquarters
- Drive yield improvements through 8D and RCCA activities
- Analyse PCBA/Control Unit functional issues and incorporate corrective actions as required
- Lead and support cross-functional failure investigations to identify root cause and corrective and preventative action utilizing advanced problem-solving tools (8D, 5 Why, K-T)
- Lead and support discussions related to failures and ensure timely and effective responses to customer issues where responsible
- Support Design, development, and transfer of Production Test Equipment hardware with emphasis on Safety
- Manage offline bench testing, diagnostics, and fault detection testing of system level PCBA/Control Unit to improve test coverage.
- Generate reports on Failure Analysis, First Articles, CAPA, yield rate and product performance metrics.
- Manage manufacturing quality process includes First Article process, 8D process etc.
- Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with at least 5 - 8 years' experience in Manufacturing and Quality Operations, NPI Engineering from a capital equipment, industrial machinery, or medical device environment
- Thorough and proven understanding of digital and analog test methodology.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings, schematics, and specifications
- Problem Solving techniques such as 8-D, 5-why, Fishbone / Fault tree, PFMEA,
- Prior experience in either semiconductor, lasers, or other capital equipment
- Experience with ISO compliant Quality Management Systems
- Experience applying Statistical methods to support manufacturing (SPC, DOE, Cpk / Ppk. Gage Studies (Minitab +)
- Proficiency in HDL, Microsoft Visual Studio programming in Visual Basic and C# will be added advantage
- Travel of up to 10%
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Abhik Damani on +65 6701 1527 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1544061 (Abhik Damani).