My client is a world leader in the semiconductor and optics industry and now seek an experienced Contract Manufacturing Director to meet the growing demands of it's photonics and electronics manufacturing operations
- World Leader
- Strategic Leadership Role
- Dual role - Product Engineering and External Manufacturing
- Execute strategic programs in international and domestic sourcing, distribution and management of subcontractors and
- Negotiate supplier contracts, creating and analysing bids and making recommendations to grow and improve the business through strategic sourcing
- Lead the product engineering team in yield analysis and hit yield targets as per the yield roadmap
- Manage product engineering organisation accountable for product performance
- Facilitate the transition of new products transferred to the Outsource Assembly, Test Supplier and Contract Manufacturing
- Review and drive suppliers to meet or exceed all operational KPIs performance goals (Quality, Assembly Yield, Capacity, Cycle time, On-Time-Delivery, Service, Cost etc)
- Manage and supervise suppliers and CMs in areas of performance packaging, module assembly and testing operations
- Provide technical advice and solutions on manufacturing issues encountered while processing products (product dispositions, yield issues, quality issues, deliveries and performance issues).
- Coordinate with suppliers on submission of Process Change Control Board horizon report and ensure all major/minor changes initiated by supplier are being reviewed in meetings and provide feedback to Product Engineering team to execute change management processes
- Chair regular business reviews with key suppliers to ensure all key metrics are being met and adequately addressed and submit regular formalized feedback to the suppliers on their performance.
- Advanced Degree in relevant Engineering or equivalent with at least of 15 years of experience in managing subcontractors, within semiconductor outsourcing process.
- Stronghold in best practises of supply chain management and strategies in semiconductor manufacturing assembly, module assembly and test engineering processes
- Knowledge of photonic and optics manufacturing will be a plus
- Familiar with Jedec and Telecordia standards and quality management system such as ISO/TS16949, ISO14001
- Strong analytical skills and written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to communicate to all levels with both internally and externally stakeholders.
- Prior ability to manage and develop relationship with key business partners (locally and overseas)
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Abhik Damani on +65 6701 1527 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1544061 (Abhik Damani).