My client is a leading MNC within the Consumer Goods industry and are looking for a buyer to join them. This candidate will work in a team of 3 and report to the Procurement Manager.
- Source for new brands and products while review existing products to ensure competitiveness in the market.
- Manage the entire acquisition process for new products; from sourcing, negotiating of prices and terms of contract.
- Anticipate/forecast future trends.
- Manage inventory stock levels and be ready to respond to changes in demand and supply and logistics-related challenges.
- Work closely with relevant parties to build brand awareness of new products to capture and retain market share.
- Source for new suppliers and vendors to ensure price competitiveness
- Manage existing suppliers and vendors ensuring the best service
- Negotiate with suppliers for greater range of products, more cost efficient
- Degree in Business Management, Marketing, or equivalent
- At least 4 years of experience in merchandising and/ or product development, preferably in an FMCG or consumer goods environment.
- Goal oriented, proactive and resilient
- Able to work well in a team
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Strong negotiation skills to work closely with suppliers